Today, I would like to share with you this quick and easy tutorial that I made using "DecoArt" acrylic Paints....
Here it is almost... finished
For a while I have being "collecting" these cute wood shapes that seemed to be in trend nowadays all over the craft stores ...
and I decided to make some name tags out of them and label my rolling Craft/paint Tote...
do you want to make some for you?
here we go with the tutorial....
grab some of your favorite paints some wood shapes
and make your own tags!
BTW: I have included A PDF for you to print as well...see below ...
Tutorial : how to paint a wood name tag
- glue 2 pieces of wood back to back (to make the tag sturdier)
- place some tape on top (blue tape: to avoid crackings on the wood), grill over the tape a hole
- sand the bird and the hole with sand paper and metal file
- paint with DecoArt paint
- trace pattern with white pencil (drawing included in PDF for birds)
NOTE: you can adapt this idea to any shape in wood...
- paint the tag following instructions from the PDF
- trace name with white pencil
- finish painting (see instruction on PDF)
Close up of the head and name
Close up of the tail
I decided later to add some glitter...
Simply add glue (with any glue pen) and sprinkle some silver glitter ...let it dry and varnish!
Close up of the silver glitter
Finished tag (without the glitter)
here it is in my rolling tote hanging from a white chain
The glitter makes it sparkle...It is real cute!
And do not forget to use "Thriple Thick Brilliant Gloss Glaze" from DecoArt (supplies below)
this adds lots and lots of Glaze, and shine!
I would love to see your versions!!!
Visit as well my Post on :
using DecoArt Paints !