hover over

HOVER OVER ANY PHOTO AND SHARE IT ONTO YOUR
PINTEREST, FACEBOOK OR TWITTER ACCOUNTS


Friday, November 22, 2013

Christmas Inlay Wood Veneer Technique...

Hello my Dear  Stamper Friends:
Today I am re-visiting  a fun Technique perfect to use with your dies that I featured back in July during our "Christmas in July" posts...
The "Inlay" technique....but today's card  is using wood veneer instead of just plain cardstock...

if you like this photo, click on "Pin It" button:


Do you remember that back in July,  I posted this Christmas tag, using the "inlay" technique? 


The Inlay Technique:  consist in inserting pieces of contrasting color papers or materials into the depression of the die cut (the negative space is filled with these contrasting materials) to make it look like "Flushed" to the touch and view...

To see the full post of this "Christmas Tag" click HERE

In my tag sample I made 2 die cuts.
One die cut in cream cardstock and a second in red.
I took the cream one and  filled the negative spaces with the red one.  See the "Joy" word  and the snowflakes....it almost looks like it is red paper behind, but not!... the little pieces in red are inserted in the depressions...see photo below...




In today's post the technique is using wood veneer rather than just different coloured paper ...

The "Inlay" technique using wood veneer seems to be so  trendy right now...
I have seeing many samples using the wood veneer  at several blogs...
that I decided myself to give it a try and here it is my take...




STEPS:
I die cut the images (flower and word) in 2 steps...

-1st my flower from the wood veneer sheet.
I used the metal shim since the wood is more sturdy to cut...
keep ALL the little pieces (see arrows) because you will need them to put them back inside the negative...
I colored the stem/flower 

- 2nd I cut the peace word, keep ALL the little pieces, color it

- 3rd insert ALL the elements back inside the negative...



I stamped with "Stazon" ink the fern stamp on the corners of the "negative" sheet and color with "Copic" markers  the die cut flower (the positive) and re-inserted the flower in the negative space to make it look flushed ....
added some dots with a "Krylon" Gold pen ...



The sentiment was colored in 2 different shades of green...



added some ribbon and that 's it....
I think the result is so pretty...You should try it too!

Ok my friends thanks for the visit and see you tomorrow!
Remember, I will be featuring many Fall and Christmas projects... so come back soon...


SUPPLIES:

For The Wood Veneer card:





For the Christmas Tag:




Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. How elegant. This is a wonderful technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. C'est vraiment magnifique!
    Bravo Bibiana!
    Bisous et bon weed-end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so amazing - I have been frighted to use the wood veneer, but now I can give it a try. I think it would (wood!) be fun to use on a masculine card, also. AS always, your details are over the top! Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Bibiana this technique looks and sounds amazing you are such an inspiration in the craft world, I love just looking at the beauty of these projects that you have created, awesome work.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Une très belle technique que je découvre aujourd'hui grâce à toi ! Jolies cartes très originales. Bravo ! Bises.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!...AND Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post today...It keeps me motivated!
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me, I will be more than happy to answer them.
THANKS again, Bibiana