hover over

HOVER OVER ANY PHOTO AND SHARE IT ONTO YOUR
PINTEREST, FACEBOOK OR TWITTER ACCOUNTS


Wednesday, August 14, 2013

My White Owl Project...A Gift from my friend Martha!

Hello Dear stamper Friends:

The cute "White Owl"  on the right, sitting among his other cousins has his story ...



My dear friend Martha gave it to me, all the wonderful gifts that you see on the photo...
This post is first of all to thank her for such a nice gesture, She is  always thinking on me and spoiling me with "toys"...


And second to share with you the project that I did with My "owls"...
Can you see the orange and blue owls on the back corner?

Well, Martha,  knows that I like Owls and she said that when she saw this "orange" and "blue"  Owls, she knew they were going to be for me...but she was concerned that my room is all white...So talking, and talking we decided that I could  give them a "face lift"  to match my room ...so this is how my orange and blue Owls became white !...

The before ....

and the after...


I   promised her that when the project will be finished I will  post it here at the blog for all of you to see how it  turned out...and this is the result!

I  just spray paint with white "Rust-Oleum, Ultra cover semi gloss".
I first gave it a coat of primer any one;  I used "Primer Valspar"  from my local hardware store "Orchard Supply", and then added several coats of the white paint until all cover in white.
The gold I did it with a fine brush and "Golden" paint: Iridescent fine Bronze" from Michael's and that's it!



My next project is to dress up the dress form (on the middle of the photo).....and the adorable clear owl stamp I am planning to do something special with Her, (she is a girl, she has long eyelashes, can't see it on the photo) ....but that will be for another day...

Anyways This is mostly to share with you that you can spray paint almost anything and make it more yours :)

Thank you My dear Martha!  Her blog is called  "Scrapbook Martha40" if you would like to pay her a visit!...She makes wonderful cards!

Happy crafting,  until a next time ...

Follow on Bloglovin

11 comments:

  1. wonderful, love these white owls!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. superbes ces hiboux blancs!
    bises
    coco♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elle est super chouette ta collection!!! bien la transformation de couleur

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea, thanks for sharing it... I'm going to give a second life to a few things here, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww! I kinda like the orange look. It is so now!
    Tee Hee! I am sure your owl will be happy with the white look!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a transformation. I liked them both before and after, but I'm so glad they will match your room perfectly now :)

    Best crafty wishes!
    Amber
    Staying Crafty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ils sont magnifiques!!!!
    Transformation réussie.
    Bonne et belle journée.
    Bises.
    Chantal

    ReplyDelete
  8. Magnifique ta collection ! J'adore le rendu que tu as obtenu ; tu as beaucoup de talent Bibiana !Bisous .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elles sont très jolies ces chouettes ! Bises

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant! Now you have a matching set. But, color is okay, too......right? These guys look very wise!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!...AND Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post today...It keeps me motivated!
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me, I will be more than happy to answer them.
THANKS again, Bibiana