hover over

HOVER OVER ANY PHOTO AND SHARE IT ONTO YOUR
PINTEREST, FACEBOOK OR TWITTER ACCOUNTS


Thursday, May 2, 2013

Guest Designer blogging ...with my Ballerina Shoe for Mom!

Hello Dear Stamper Friends:
I am very glad to announce that I was invited to be a Guest Designer at "Decorate To Celebrate" blog.
This lovely blog  is a challenge blog dedicated to showing off decorations for every occasion and I was graciously invited by Amy for this month, dedicated "for the girls": challenge #50...to present to you this Ballerina shoe that I made for Mother's day!


This shoe is made out of fabric, some upholstery remnants found at "JoAnn's store" and  I decorated it with various ribbons and lace ...
The "brooch" is an old button from one of my grand mother's blouses, and I decided to use it here....



Inside the shoe I tucked away a handkerchief and added some extra cash to give to my mother...

 
Now that I  have the blog I can show to you these shoes...
but Back in  2012,  I offered these shoes at a class at my home ...all my students have reported to me that they love it and that they have done so many more after the class...

Here are some other samples of these shoes made out of paper...from that class...

The purple paper rose was made from various Stampin'Up! punches among the "2 step owl" one...
for tutorials on paper flowers visit my Pinterest board; "Crafts: Flowers"



In this shoe, instead of adding a real handkerchief,  I made a doily out of tissue paper with a Martha Stewart punch and I placed it inside the shoe...


This one is going to my aunt in this cellophane bag...


Lastly, I have to thank 2 people from whom I got inspired...I  first saw these "Marie Antoinette" inspired shoes in 2 blogs back in 2010...

The first blog was by Terri Heinz' at "Artful Affirmations" blog.  Pay a visit to her blog, it is so beautiful and she has great tutorial videos, the template  and some classes...

And the second one was by Larissa at "In a scrap of paper", here you will see step by step on how she made them.
Thanks to these two ladies,  I learned how to make them...

And do not forget to enter for this month challenge at "Decorate to Celebrate" blog one of your creations  made for a special woman in your life...hope to see you there... 

Ok, this is it for now... see you soon with more cards or projects ...

14 comments:

  1. congratulations on your guest designer spot bibiana! wow, these shoes are GORGEOUS and i'm sure your mom will love hers and treasure it.
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shoe is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! I love all the little details, Bibiana!! I especially love the tissue paper doily -- what a sweet touch!! :) It's really a treat to have you join us at DTC...

    Thanks so much for sharing your inspiration at the Decorate To Celebrate! Challenge Blog!

    BIG HUGS,
    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
    and Decorate To Celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful shoes, great idea. Would make fun decorations.

    Regards diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful shoes. What a great gift idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! My! Word! These are fantastic , absolutely stunning,

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have made these shoes before out of paper, from Terri's blog, not a gorgeous as your:), I love the one made from material, what a great idea, must try it, the
    doily out of tissue is brilliant, thanks again for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! absolutely "GORGEOUS" glad to have had you as a Guest Designer and what a fantastic project!!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sooooooo beautiful and creative. Love the shoes, the hankie, and handmade doily. How wonderful to use your grandmother's blouse button.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Quelle bonne idée que ton Throwback Thursday, sans ça, je n'aurais jamais vu ce petit trésor si bien caché. Bravo pour tes créations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, these shoes are absolutely stunning, really beautiful, thank you for sharing, hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Superbe chaussure bien décorée et si délicate pour un pied féminin ! Bravo. Bises.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG!! Cuan hermosos te quedaron toditos!! Cada detallito tan delicado ! Manitas creativas!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello, Bibiana! Wow, wow, wow! Your shoes are all so beautiful! I could not imagine making something like this! I bet your mother was so happy to receive it! I think the class participants enjoyed themselves too! Thank you for bringing back this gorgeous shoe to share with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!...AND Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post today...It keeps me motivated!
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me, I will be more than happy to answer them.
THANKS again, Bibiana