hover over

HOVER OVER ANY PHOTO AND SHARE IT ONTO YOUR
PINTEREST, FACEBOOK OR TWITTER ACCOUNTS


Monday, May 25, 2015

Memorial Day...

Here in the USA, 
we are celebrating Memorial Day...
remembering the people who died 
while serving in the armed forces...

and
In honor to all those men and women 
serving with dedication their country

The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier,  in Arlington National cemetery, In Virginia,  USA
photo taken by Karin Markert


When I saw this photograph, I was strike by the beauty of it, I did a small research on the author since the photo that I saw initially was posted on Facebook and did not have any watermarks...
after digging a little bit,  I found HER....

Her name is Karin Markert, a photographer who is married to a soldier who belongs to the unit of the Old Guard (3rd US infantry Regiment).

She took this photo back in September 2012, it went viral in Facebook and Twitter but with no proper rights given to the original author...

Please read her article at her blog on copyrights: "Copyright infringement of photos?" ...
very interesting lesson!

and visit her amazing site of photography as well: KLMARKERT Photography


I want as well to dedicate this post to the people ALIVE serving  right now...
and let's be thankful for them, 
who are willing to sacrifice everything for the well being of their countrymen!


Happy Memorial Day

No paper craft for today :)

7 comments:

  1. such a great photo for Memorial Day. Sending good thoughts for such an important day. Hugs, Nat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great image. Being a Photographer myself I know all about the copyright lol!

    Have an enjoyable day Bibiana.

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That photo is absolutely gorgeous!! Have a safe and happy Memorial Day!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today, take a minute for the peace of world ! Good Memorial Day !

    ReplyDelete
  5. respect a ceux qui ont donnés leurs vies pour sauver celle des autres ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry I'm late commenting: a beautiful photo for Memorial Day, X

    ReplyDelete
  7. God Bless America and God Bless our troops - sorry about the copyright infringement - lovely photo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!...AND Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post today...It keeps me motivated!
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me, I will be more than happy to answer them.
THANKS again, Bibiana