hover over

HOVER OVER ANY PHOTO AND SHARE IT ONTO YOUR
PINTEREST, FACEBOOK OR TWITTER ACCOUNTS


Sunday, March 24, 2013

Happy Palm Sunday!

Hello Dear Stamper Friends:

I am bringing to you a "Palm Sunday" card...!

 If you liked this photo, click on "Pin it" button:

Today is "Palm Sunday" and the beginning of "Holy Week"...as it is known is some Christian countries...It is the entry of Jesus In Jerusalem...

On this day is it customary to distribute palm leaves, which they will be blessed and kept for next year to be burned and make the ashes for the next year for Ash Wednesday -- the palms,  symbolize triumph, and the ashes, symbolize death and penitence. 

I have so many memories of  my childhood from this day...
I remembered specially the intricate woven figures that the people used to sell at the exit of churches or on the markets. ..I admire the craftsmanship of those  woven palms...they were real works of art...see pictures below...



So, I  Decided to make something to commemorate today's celebration ...I made this simple cross in paper but I needed to do something else...so I went and look around my stamp room  and this is the card that I came up for today's festivity...



I use the Hero Arts stamp "Three Ferns", perfect match for my cross and I paired it with some die cuts from my "Silhouette" machine...which matches Hero Arts stamps...



The technique that I used is called "Emboss Resist": I heat emboss the ferns with white embossing powder and then I distressed some of the background with inks... the effect is quite pretty...
and I cut the ends with a Tim Holtz edge die...and add "Stickles"!



To make the cross I watch this You tube video

Ok I hope you liked today's card... I enjoyed very much doing it ...


Supplies:
Silhouette Images:
Fern: Design ID #6760



6 comments:

  1. C'est fort bien réussi très jolie carte j'aime beaucoup ta croix et merci pour les explications

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW my friend, the fern background is stunning, did you use a real palm leaf for the cross, if you create it out of paper its amazing,real or not it is a beautiful card and the Ladies are real artist,gorgeous work.. Thanks so much for sharing a peak in there again :):).. Have a fun creative day..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Dianne: Yes! the cross is made out of paper, distressed with Tim Holtz "Antique Linen" and "Peeled Paint" inks :)
      bibiana

      Delete
    2. Wow it looks like a real palm leaf amazing...

      Delete
  3. Stunning card! Beautiful design with masking and glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the photos of the blessed traditions. You card is simply lovely - brings back many childhood memories of Palm Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!...AND Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post today...It keeps me motivated!
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me, I will be more than happy to answer them.
THANKS again, Bibiana