hover over

HOVER OVER ANY PHOTO AND SHARE IT ONTO YOUR
PINTEREST, FACEBOOK OR TWITTER ACCOUNTS


Monday, January 14, 2013

A Valentine’s Shaped Card

Hello Dear Stamper Friends:

Today, I am sharing with you a Valentine’s card so that you can start having ideas for your cards.
Shaped cards are wonderful to display small scenes; they are like Dioramas, three-dimensional museum models without the glass…
This particular model is called a “Center Step Card”.



 
Suggestion of the day
“Do not put aside your “old stuff”… And mix and match!”

Most of the supplies used in this card are current items that you can find easily at any craft store.
But… As I mentioned in my “Quick and Easy Wintertime Post” (Jan. 9, 2013):
use what you like and have. It is wonderful to get new stuff, oh yes!
But do not forget as well all the items that you have being collecting over the years! You can easily substitute, some things that I use by the ones that you have and are “collecting” dust in your shelves! 
The sentiment that I use is one that I found at a garage sale and so appropriate for the balloons: “love is in the air”. I believe is a retired stamp from “Lockhart Stamps”…most of the dies are from “My Favorite Things”, I use some “Spellbinders” and the punches are from “Martha Stewart” and “Stampin’Up!”…So mix and match!

Instructions:
Click on photo to enlarge...
click HERE  to get the PDF
(PDF found on toolbar, section "More" as well...)



  TipS:

1- Glue together several die cuts of the same image to give this 3D effect.
You can do it with many images, I did it with butterflies and it looks really nice…they pop from the card, giving it more interest.
For the balloon: I glued 7 hearts (one flap glue to the next flap) and it looked like the globe of the balloon,

2- Give to your punches other shapes: for the basket: I free hand cut it. But you can use a square punch and then trim diagonally (from one corner to the other) to give the shape of the basket.

3- Use the “negative” from your dies or punches: The mini hearts: are the “left overs” from the “Martha Stewart” edge punch.

4- Use different materials to give texture to the card: here I use felt for the clouds, but you can substitute it by using “Flocking”, one of those products that we have and tend to forget…so Get it out and use it!


right view


 left view

Ok , I hope you enjoyed this post, the tutorial on “Center Step Cards” is found HERE at SCS

I will be back with more Valentine’s projects so come back soon and remember leave me a comment: I really read them! And if you have questions I will answer them in that section!
Bye and …OH!...remember to decorate the back of your card too! as shown here...


UPDATE: 
CLICK To view a Patriotic center step card for Memorial Day

Supplies:

7 comments:

  1. Thank You for sharing this beautiful card. Now if I can only come up with something as beautiful. Love your Blog and so glad you sent me an e-mail re it !

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is lovely - the 3-D effect is so cool and I am thinking of making one like this for my husband - it won't have to go in the mail!!! Thanks for sharing and for sending me an e-mail to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a brilliant 3-D card, Bibiana (but how do you mail it - ha!). Loving the die-cut details - so delicate! I love all the great texture you have added to this beauty. Your bow is stunning, too. Hearts are my very favorite, so this is on the top of my Bibiana favorites list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a great card. I love all the details on this gorgeous card. It looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is delightful!!! Just came to your blog via Maureen's and I love what I see:). Congrats on starting a blog to share your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! Beautiful die cut elements and detailing, Bibiana.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Muy hermoso proyecto en cada detallito!! Me encanta!! Muchas gracias por el PDF !!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!...AND Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post today...It keeps me motivated!
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me, I will be more than happy to answer them.
THANKS again, Bibiana