hover over

HOVER OVER ANY PHOTO AND SHARE IT ONTO YOUR
PINTEREST, FACEBOOK OR TWITTER ACCOUNTS


Sunday, May 17, 2015

"Steampunk" with Memory Box dies

Hello my dear friends:

 "for Eileen Lucas....
she wanted a card made with the Steampunk pipes from Memory Box
here it is my creation"
 

I came across the word "Steampunk" when I discovered cardmaking...
Now I know that this term is not only related to cards but it is first a literary genre, and that the word itself appeared in the eighties...and that from this trend several artistic and sociocultural subgenres have emerge, in art, fashion, architecture, movies and even in music ...

steampunk with memory box front card


It is the representation of technology in the Victorian era,  in the 19th century with the Industrial Revolution, specifically in England mixed with science fiction and fantasy.

steampunk with memory box supplies card

In card making it is the representation of industrial steam power machinery (planes, trains, tools, clocks, gears etc) mixed with Victorian elements (dresses, lace, jewelry, ladies, hats etc) all mixed  with a science fiction background (flying objects), the embellishments usually include metal and the colors are often dark, earth tones (not always the case)...usually heavy in details and images.
It is the representation of a retro-futuristic image.

steampunk with memory box dies detail card


We could describe my card as a "light" "Steampunk" card, without the Victorian elements. But most of all the other elements are included:
I used copper paper to represent, metal,  the rust in the gears and silver paper for the steel pipes.
The background was made using cutting three times the "distressed Windham collage", paired with the pipes and the gears...

steampunk with memory box dies detail sentiment

The sentiment was stamped twice to create a shadow and introduce the element of another dimension (the fantasy aspect of "Steampunk").

steampunk with memory box dies aerial view

 This card was featured 
at the Spanish blog 


Thanks for the visit 
and see you soon!


SUPPLIES


17 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!! I love the steampunk design!! All of the dies you used are fabulous!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magnifique carte, très belles découpes et joli combo de couleurs. Bises.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous steampunk! Love the design, hugs Carole Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Bibiana I really needed the inspiration. You've created a wonderful card and, of course, I love the history too. I seem to be in a lull creatively since the
    recent loss of my sister and knowing I have several male birthdays coming up that I need ideas for, but am blank in mind, I really needed the motivation and appreciate you taking the time to share this. I didnt think you wouldnt get around to it because I know you have many other things to do besides your posts here. Thank you again. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Eileen: sorry to hear this, all my sympathy towards you and your family!!! but happy that I can bring you a little bit of motivation!. I will try to come up with something else, as I did this one in a rush, and I too want to do more male cards!!!
    big hugs and maybe one day you will show me your creations (by e-mail)
    hugs bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing steampunk card Bibiana, those drain pipes had me stumped..no idea what I would have done with these, so thank you for your brilliant card design.
    Hugs Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant card Bibiana. I love the steampunk theme x

    ReplyDelete
  8. elle est très belle , les découpes sont superbes !!
    bises

    ReplyDelete
  9. très jolie, masculine à souhaits!
    kisses
    coc♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another beautiful card here again hun, and thanks sooo much for explaining the meaning of the word here too. It´s the first time, I´ve really understood, what it actually means and how it´s meant to be. Must admit, I´ve never really understood about the steampunk and what would be okay to use with it, but you explained it sooo perfect here, thanks sooo much. And the card is beautiful and sooo well made as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  11. superbe merci pour la leçon sur ce style que j'apprecie aussi ,je n'ai jamais vu ces dies surtout celui de fond... en tout cas j'aime le rendu final , bisous ma grande

    ReplyDelete
  12. superbe carte bibiana, tes dies de fond sont geniales
    bravo
    bisous

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love steampunk and really like your steampunk card. The double stamping is a nice idea.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic Steampunk design with all the beautiful layers and textures. It was interesting to read about the explanation as well. Thanks for stopping in at my blog, it's appreciated. Have a great day, lucky you living in California :) Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Que de travail sur cette carte pour la rendre si magnifique. Bravo Bibiana!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My hubby bought the pipes to use in his art pieces but I didn't know how I could use them, well this is great inspiration, wonderful use of all the dies!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Les Secrets de ChloéMay 19, 2015 at 3:00 PM

    Coucou Bibiana, ta carte est magnifique bravo!!!
    Douce soirée bisous

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!...AND Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post today...It keeps me motivated!
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me, I will be more than happy to answer them.
THANKS again, Bibiana