hover over

HOVER OVER ANY PHOTO AND SHARE IT ONTO YOUR
PINTEREST, FACEBOOK OR TWITTER ACCOUNTS


Tuesday, April 22, 2014

A Recycle Project for Earth Day!!

Hello My Dear Stamper Friends:

Toady is Earth Day!

I made this quick and simple project... inspired from Pinterest and I decided to posted it here, today  at my blog to commemorate Earth Day!




Origin of Earth Day:
This event is held every year on the 22 of April, by more than a 192 countries around the world. 
It is a day to demonstrate support for the environmental  protection, and originated at a UNESCO conference in San Francisco, CA-USA by an American peace activist John McConnell who proposed a day to honor The Earth and World Peace.
Since then numerous communities celebrate Earth week or Earth day by implementing activities focused on environmental issues.




This post is dedicated as well to YOU my dear readers and followers ...as the sentiment well says it because  "You brighten my world"!!!





I used recycle items such a burnt  light  bulb glue to an empty roll of scotch tape that serves as a base
and The tiny banners (from "My Favorite Things") hang from some toothpicks ...


I added some hearts glued to some baker's twine and embellished it with some ribbon and rhinestones.
Quick, simple project to make at school or with your children to teach them the importance of re-using/re-purposing our trash, in order to help our Planet Earth!

A last View...




Thanks for stopping by 
and for the lovely comments..

SUPPLIES:


20 comments:

  1. The brighten my day is very appropriate theme and might be considered an idea bulb. Very clever and again appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a "Bright" idea. I love it. Thanks for sharing how you made this. I am curious...what is the base the tape roll is sitting on?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is a porcelain small container for jewelry from Michael's, turn upside down.
      I use it here as a base for this project to take the photo,
      BUT I normally used it to catch glue drops from the Hot glue gun when I am using it. To rest the "nose" of the hot glue gun.
      bibiana

      Delete
  3. What a fun and clever Idea Bibiana.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Au rythme où mes ampoules grillent, je pourrais en faire des montgolfières chères aux ardéchois
    Bises
    M F

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a novel Idea Bibiana, to use a spent light bulb and those lovely embellishments.
    pam x

    ReplyDelete
  6. très belle idée, j'aime beaucoup!
    bises
    coc♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Magnifique création, c'est une très bonne idée, bravo. Bises.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun project!! I love the quote too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ces petits drapeaux sont du plus bel effet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awesome and bright idea sweet friend. It looks really awesome too and would fit perfect into one of these treasure boxes /trays, sorry I can´t remember, what they´re called in English, but I´m sure you know, what I mean. It´s really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes it's a "brigth" idea ! Très beau recyclage et toujours des idées de génie ! Bises

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful way to commemorate Earth Day! How really creative to use the light blulb and the hearts and your sentiment are perfect for it too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How beautiful and a really lovely way to honor Easter's celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fantastic project - we will all be saving our bulbs now x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely idea, Bibiana!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a delightful creation. Thank you so much for sharing this awesome idea.Have pinned it here:Recycling Crafts with link back to your site.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!...AND Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post today...It keeps me motivated!
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me, I will be more than happy to answer them.
THANKS again, Bibiana