hover over

HOVER OVER ANY PHOTO AND SHARE IT ONTO YOUR
PINTEREST, FACEBOOK OR TWITTER ACCOUNTS


Monday, November 11, 2013

Masculine Card with "Faux Leather" Background!

Hello My Dear Stamper Friends:

Today, November 11th, Here in the U.S.A we are celebrating "Veterans Day!", which is a national holiday that honors the service of all U.S. military veterans and coincides (in other parts of the world) with the End of World War I...
so my masculine card for today's post goes very well with this Holiday...


I am bringing to you this Masculine Card with a  tutorial on how to make a "Faux Leather" background, and this one was posted at my French blog: "Un Brin De Créativité" for Memory Box!

if you liked this photo, click on Pin It button: 


I used this card as a birthday card ...


but you can personalized it as you wish or maybe just leave it blank on the inside...


The "Faux Leather" paper is used as a background,
I die cut the clouds out of canvas and stamped on it with "Stazon" ink with a Memory Box "Flourish" stamp,
Stamp the "Map of America" from Hero Arts  with pumice ink
did a "Faux stitch" with a brown "Copic" marker  on the edge of the paper
embossed with a Dot embossing folder some panels...
distressed all the waves /die cuts...



TUTORIAL: "Faux Leather" paper

step 1:
sponge 3 (or more) different colors of inks on a piece of paper...
left paper un-inked;
right paper inked
I used "Soft Suede" Stampin'Up! paper and sponged Tim holtz distress inks: "spiced marmalade". "rusty hinge"; 'frayed burlap' and some "walnut stain"


Step 2:
wet your paper and crumpled it...


Step 3:
rub the "Versamark" pad on top of all the paper (specially on the picks of the paper)
then add clear embossing powder...


Step 4:
this is how it looks with all the clear embossing powder...
(the powder goes again in the jar) ...


Step 5:
left paper : this is how it looks without the excess of embossing powder
heat emboss the paper with heat gun..
right paper: end result


The paper at the end really looks and feels like leather...is is amazing!!!
A last view!



As always I thank you for your visit!  the comments that you leave me and I give you a "Rendez-Vous" for another post  here or in my other language blogs (find them on the side bar)...remember there is always "Google" that can translate the page!!!


SUPPLIES:



Follow on Bloglovin

19 comments:

  1. What a fun (but messy!) technique, Bibiana. I love the texture and the card has so many great details. You are so masterful with lots of richness. Enjoy the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely card !! Thanhs very much for the explications

    ReplyDelete
  3. magnifique carte, de superbes explications, merci!
    bisous
    coco♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magnifique carte, du plus bel effet bravo
    bisous
    Marie-claude

    ReplyDelete
  5. J'adore ta carte elle est très masculaire elle sent l'océan merci pour toutes les explicaltions et le tuto
    Bibiana j'aimerai bien faire la carte Halloween avec memory box style 98703 que je viens d'acheté je la trouve plus sur ton blog d'avance merci Line (www.scrapetfils.canalblog.com) bye

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how I love this tutorial ! Just perfect for this slow one to follow. Thanks Bibiana, your the greatest and of course....as always....a BEAUTIFUL CARD !
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Bibiana what a great tutorial and a fantastic card, the detail, theme and colours are amazing a truly wonderful creation to see.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic card. Wow those dies are gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well Missy had to FB this, the card is FANTASTICOOOOO, I love how you used the bridge and it looks totally different,, I have done a few f aux leather looks but this one looks fantastic, I will have to try it, thanks for sharing and always inspiring me, hope you have a wonderful week, ((( BIG HUGS)))...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another beauty! I love the faux leather tutorial. I'm going to try it out. Thank you for sharing, Bibiana.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome card, thanks for the tutorial x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolument superbe Bibiana! j'dore!
    Bises

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for showing how to make "leather". So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Bibiana! love all the beautiful layers on this spectacular card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an incredibly cool masculine card!! Love love love your creativity and the different elements work beautifully together.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  16. Superbe carte, merci pour le tuto. Bises.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Faut que je le dise, même si ça fait un an que le post est fait, j'aime tellement cette découpe du "Marvelous Bridge". Dommage, elle ne se vend pas au Québec ! Il me semble que j'en ferais des belles cartes avec ça! Ta carte est trop belle, c'est sûrement ça, bravo!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!...AND Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post today...It keeps me motivated!
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me, I will be more than happy to answer them.
THANKS again, Bibiana