hover over

HOVER OVER ANY PHOTO AND SHARE IT ONTO YOUR
PINTEREST, FACEBOOK OR TWITTER ACCOUNTS


Monday, November 18, 2013

Bendi Fold for Thanksgiving

Hello My dear Stamper Friends:
I am bringing to you a Bendi Fold for this Thanksgiving season!

if you liked this photo, click on "Pin It" button:


As a guest author, I  featured a VIDEO tutorial for "Splitcoaststampers" of the Bendi fold card  back in May 2013

and I am extremely pleased to see how many of you have being inspired by this shape and have come up with your own designs  and even "invented/added" extra ways  to display this card from the basic concept!



This is the case of my dear friend, Carol who contact me showing me her "version" of the "Bendi" fold...she named it as a "tent topper bendi fold"...ingenious!

In return, from her concept, I got the idea to make a higher back for the "Bendi" basic  form......
and that is how my card has this taller back that I made with a Tim Holtz "vintage cabinet" die paired with the "hanging sign" and the "flourishes" die to "hang" the "bird cage" from them...

This is the view of the center panel....


I love when we share all these ideas, this is how creativity gets nurtured...

You can see Carol's idea / her version of her " topper" in this Christmas "tent topper Bendi fold"  post / masterpiece that she created at her Blog "Chocolate, Crafts and Bears"

The background papers, first were sprayed with "perfect pearls/pewter" mist and then I  stamped using a Hero Arts stamp background with "Versamark" and then applied "Perfect Pearls" powders in gold and copper. The shimmer in person is so nice...
remember to spray the whole with a fixative...


On the opened right side of the card....
The pumpkin comes from a "Cuttlebug" embossing and die combo and here I used my "Panpastels" to color it, the vibrant colors are so exquisite...


On the opened left  side of the card....
The pumpkin was colored in green and The swirly leaves are "Spellbinders"...



Can you guess how I did the wheat ? 
I took the "Delacie border" die from Memory Box and I cut the picks of that border and place them on top of each other to make them to look like wheat! great isn't it?
see the die below on the supplies list...


This is how it looks opened...


On the front I used a "Stampendous" set of clear stamps and I stamped the sentiment with "Versamark" ink and rub the "perfect pearls" gold and copper (same technique used on the background on the center panel of the card)


And this is how it looks closed...


 
I made this Halloween Bendi card as well...check it out!  just in case you missed it!

Thanksgiving is approaching very rapidly and I am so excited...this is one of my all time  favorite American holidas!

Ok my friends, love to see your creations, let me know if you make one of these....it is all about sharing/exchanging and getting each day a little bit more "knowledgeable" :) in what we like to do!


TO WATCH CLICK HERE ON VIDEO



SUPPLIES:

NOTE: the pine cone is a "retired" die from "Spellbinders"...







Follow on Bloglovin


22 comments:

  1. Bibiana you are so sweet to mention me in your post-thank you so much for that! You sure know your way around Tim Holtz dies. I adore the way you used the piece from the hanging sign and the flourish to make your bird cage stand. It's very impressive and so beautiful. The cabinet die is just perfect for the backdrop for the bendi card. It creates a nice line for the card. I am going to try it too! The colors are just beautiful on this card. What a beauty!
    Bear Hugs,
    Carol :O}

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is stunning! Love the details and template!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning project!! Makes a great display for the holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous Thanksgiving card! All the layers of details are just astounding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a fantastic make ! Love the design and all the hardwork that must have gone into it xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes Bibiana you are the queen of the Bendi fold cards. They always turn out gorgeous. Love the details and idea.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful Bibiana. The colours are perfect. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Bibiana, I don't know how you manage to cope with 3 blogs in 3 different languages, you must be a superwoman ;0) This card is amazing, really beautiful. It's like a little theater.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Le tuto de la carte en vidéo est sublime du plus bel effet, j'adore
    mamypassion

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderfully creative piece of work - hardlly a card - a paper creation in all its glory. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Superbe création, merci pour le tuto. Bises.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW...What a wonderful creation... full of amazing elements...Simply Beautiful... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking through your blog you really are such an inspired crafter. Fabulous cards and projects.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So incredibly creative here, Bibiana. What a load of beauty. I especially love the touches of blue with the traditional fall colors. Oh, and the purple pumpkin.
    I'm glad you stopped by for our little Canine Cancer Awareness blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Superbe cette création, merci pour le tuto Bibiana!
    Bisous

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Bibiana, ton "bendi fold card" est magnifique ! J'adore ce genre de carte, une vraie œuvre d'art ! Je suis allée voir celui de Carol qui est magnifique aussi ! Vous faites de superbes choses ! Bravo ! Bises

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow!!!! This is stunning!!!! Gorgeous colors! I have that sentiment and I have never made it look this good!!! Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great layered delight, Bibiana! This captures the fall season so beautifully with all of your colors and details. So fun to unfold!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my gosh, this is outstanding. I can't stop looking at it. How creative!

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOOWZER, I'm gobsmacked this is FANTASTICCCCCCCC, and you are inspiring people around the globe, Carols card is gorgeous. This would be all you would need for a table center for Thanksgiving. Miss Bibiana you are PHENOMENAL person and artist, thanks for all you do making and inspiring us alllllll. thankks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!...AND Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post today...It keeps me motivated!
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me, I will be more than happy to answer them.
THANKS again, Bibiana