hover over

HOVER OVER ANY PHOTO AND SHARE IT ONTO YOUR
PINTEREST, FACEBOOK OR TWITTER ACCOUNTS


Thursday, April 18, 2013

Flowers for Mom!

Hello Dear Stamper Friends:
I did this card thinking in Mother's day!

Share this Photo on Your Pinterest Boards, Click on:

It is a "Gatefold" card...I have done  OTHER "Gatefold" cards, one for valentine's and one for an invitation. If you would like to see them  search on the side bar under categories "Gatefold"...or click HERE.


For this card, I punch the edges with a "Fiskars: Lattice Entertain" Border and Corner punch, (all in one).

What is so unique to this punch?
Well, This type of punch is great for creating beautiful designs all around a page/a card making a continuous frame of any size!!!. This is what makes it so unique...I have "Martha Stewart" ones too, which are beautiful but with that brand you need 2 punches to achieve this...here it is only one!

They are very easy to use, just have to follow simple steps:
1-cut your card which needs to measure (4x4, 5x5, 6x6, 7x7 etc, etc...) not 1/2 or 1/4...can be rectangular too (5x7, 4x6 etc)
2- 1st punch a corner, then the border on increments inch by inch ...following the ridges marked on the punch...then the second corner, then the border and so on for the 4 sides..


View this video on My YOU TUBE Channel on how to use this punch.

The only drawback to this beautiful punch is the size!...it is bulky and nowadays with our constant struggle for finding more space into our crafts rooms it is a challenge..
My advice, choose ONE punch that you really like and will use many times...this is what I did, I only have one of these punches...but I love it and if you see in my card I decided ONLY to do a partial punch I did not go around the entire card...I thought it look better this way!

NOTE: use a 60 lb CS, heavier than this will be too hard to punch!

I colored these "PTI (Papertrey Ink)" flowers with "Copics", stamped three of them and stack them for dimension.  I store my clear stamps in these clear pouches. To view more on how I organize my stamps, go to ORGANIZATION. (found on the side bar, as well)


The panels are stamped with a Hero Arts stamp  and that's it!


Ok I hope this was a good inspiration to start making some mother's, grandmother's, friends cards...!
Have a wonderful day and let's meet again for another card with Flowers for Mom!

Supplies:

9 comments:

  1. Bibiana,I can recognize one of your cards now with just a glace, your style is very unique, a style all your own. Stunning card, love the colors you used, the punching is outstanding, and those flowers shesh they are gorgeous, thanks so much for always sharing your techniques. Always teaching us, your a doll.. Have a wonderful weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its me again :) I've been looking around your blog, you're a very interesting, talented woman and soooo beautiful inside and out:):) I just watched your video it was great, thought I would hear your lovely voice,but no but thats okay. Will look forward to new videos and more of you amazing creations..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bibiana,Linda targeta me encanta ese punch,Yo ya los habia visto en un tutorial por YT son magnificos.te mando un fuerte abrazo.Martha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully designed and colored, Bibiana--great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Très belle carte! Je ne connaissais pas vraiment ce type de "punch", le résultat est du plus bel effet! Bonne idée aussi de ne pas avoir fait tout le tour de la carte avec.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful! so very elegant with the new punch and i love the dimension of the flowers.
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there Bibiana! Although I haven't been in here since a while...it's worth the wait! I am loving all of your creations. They are absolutely all adorable. My oh my! Such delicate details in all of them. Thank you again for sharing all of your goodness with us! Keep them coming :-).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Bibiana muy linda tu tarjeta y los colores de las flores me encantaron, convinan bien, pero el borde me impresiona es bello, gracias por compartir tus bellos proyectos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is GORGEOUS, Bibiana! A work of art - I am a true fan of your amazing pieces!

    Marcy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!...AND Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post today...It keeps me motivated!
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me, I will be more than happy to answer them.
THANKS again, Bibiana