hover over

HOVER OVER ANY PHOTO AND SHARE IT ONTO YOUR
PINTEREST, FACEBOOK OR TWITTER ACCOUNTS


Saturday, December 14, 2013

Tilda dressed in St. Lucy's in my Advent Calendar...

Hello Dear Stamper Friends:
Today I am bringing to you this advent calendar that I made for myself!
It is an Easel card with a tower of stacked drawer boxes ...

I wanted to posted it yesterday in celebration of  St.Lucy's feast celebrated each Dec 13th!...but I had some computer problems..but here I am.. a day later posting this calendar,...





At my house each member of the family has its own advent calendar...
to view the one that I made for my husband...The Tee Pee shaped card made in an advent calendar...scroll down (3 post down) or click to see the post and  VIDEO HERE

My calendar is an Easel card with a tower of stacked drawer boxes that I made and decorated with Tilda (Magnolia stamps).
The Tilda on the easel card  is dressed in St.Lucy...




The stamps with the numbers for each day are a retired set from Memory Box and each one opens up a little drawer where you can place the treat for that day...
The handles are small pearls...I decorated this front panel with 2 small rosettes with small sentiments....


the next side looks like this...


side # 3



 the back ...decorated with some felt flowers, leaf dies and mini plastic snowflakes in gold...


close ups of each one of the Tilda's...







 some opened drawers below...






This Tilda, as I mentioned  is dressed in the attire of  "Saint Lucy", (catholic saint) , and her holiday is celebrated specially in Scandinavian countries  ...each 13th of December.

I knew of this festival of lights in one of my visits to Sweden and since then I am a huge fan of this celebration...each December 13th...the girls in Sweden make a procession at church, schools or streets all dressed in white gowns carrying candles ...it is spectacular!

Lucy's  feast  is commemorate during advent time and  it is known as well as a festival of lights because of the candles that the girls carry
Now that I live here in the US, I watch on You tube videos the breath taking St. Lucy's processions  held in Sweden on this day...not the same... but I least I get to see them again every 13th of December... thanks to the technology!!!



close ups of the sentiments ..









and some  last views...





Ok my dear friends, sending you warm Christmas thoughts...
Remember WHY we are celebrating this season and take time every day to be with yourselves in peace and surrounded by your loved ones...
Hugs and kisses

24 comments:

  1. il est tout simplement magnifique
    bonne journée
    bisous

    ReplyDelete
  2. C'est magnifique Bibiana ! Quel talent ! Bisous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous advent calendar and so much work has gone into your wonderful creation just stunning

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. halàlàlà quel superbe travail , sublime ta décoration , une vraie petite merveille, je m'abonne à ton blog, (sarah2172) TIFFANY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bibiana, stunning advent box you have made for yourself, beautiful keepsake to fetch out every year, love your image and gorgeous embellishments.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG Bibiana I am lost for words....well almost......this is an outstanding piece of work, I am blown away by the awesome detail and beauty of such an amazing project, I love this so much it is top notch.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your box, it is absolutely amazing!!! Hope you've received my card, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely story you told us. Your project is so beautiful. Lots of love and work went into the making of this gorgeous project.

    ReplyDelete
  9. magnifique création!!
    bisous
    coc♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. c est trop magnifique j adore tes tilda
    tu as super bien travaille une vrai pro
    gros bizou
    cecile

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning work... your advent box is outstanding...The attention to detail is amazing...Love it all.... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing Advent calendar. Love all the little drawers and beautiful decorations - it is gorgeous and needs to be used for many years.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ho c'est vraiment très beau je craque complètement !
    Bisous

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely wonderful - I am pea green with envy over your make!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is absolutely gorgeous. I love this advent calendar. Your little Tilda images are delightful. So, so sweet. I will check out your tutorial on SCS on Wednesday. Your work is always sensational so I am really looking forward to it.
    Bear Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  16. très original, ce calendrier de l'avent, c'est très beau travail. Bonne journée

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ta boîte calendrier de l'Avent est splendide ! Quel beau travail ! Bravo Bibiana ! Bises

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a treasure! I love your coloring and that bow is beautiful! I don't understand how you come up with such lovely ideas - bless your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Rhooooo quelle beauté ! un très beau travail
    Bravo
    Biz
    PS je ne comprends pas je ne reçois plus tes news

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Bibiana,
    what a very superb creation. So much work gone into this gem of a creation.
    Sorry I haven't been around much I have an ongoing problem with my shoulders and neck, which stops me crafting and typing quite often now.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful creation and looks like loads of work that went into this? I wish you a very blessed and Merry Christmas!
    Hugs...Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! Absolutely stunning! Thank you so much for sharing! You are so kind and generous. Wishing you a lifetime full of Happiness :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I would love to make this too. love the drawers. As usual your creations are awesome!!! Sending you merry hugs :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!...AND Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post today...It keeps me motivated!
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me, I will be more than happy to answer them.
THANKS again, Bibiana