hover over

HOVER OVER ANY PHOTO AND SHARE IT ONTO YOUR
PINTEREST, FACEBOOK OR TWITTER ACCOUNTS


Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Silhouette Girl with Bird...

Hello dear Stamper Friends:

Today I would like to share this card that I made using  this whimsical stamp from "Lost Coast Designs"  called "The Silhouette Girl with Bird"; that you can find in their online catalog in the "Silhouette" section and that Linda put as an example ...



I decided to play this time with 3 different backgrounds and mix designs... using blues and some browns tones...
On the base piece, I stamped "the Tree branches background", I tear the edges, fold the corners and sponge the whole with blue ink to give more definition to this base.


I used 2 spellbinders labels.
The "label 20" from "Spellbinders" was inked using:
 

"the stamp resist" technique:
which consists in stamping the "concentric circles" background stamp with white embossing powder, heat emboss and then sponging over it with "pumice", "weather wood" and some "walnut" distress inks over it creating a resist...

Do not be afraid to mix geometrical designs, just play with the colors and the shapes and you get an interesting piece, maybe not to the like of more "Simple and clean" looks but you have to play around and find your style ...Art is very subjective, so anything is good as long as You like it!...

BTW:
For the people in Germany, specifically in Hagen (by Dortmund) I hope you had fun at the "Stempel Mecca" which is the stamp show over there. And I hope you got to see Linda, from "Lost Coast Designs' booth and got some of her amazing stamps and maybe you get to see one or two of my samples there at the booth...too :)
She was this week-end at the stamp convention "The Stempel Mecca" showcasing her stamps, if you miss it you can always get her stamps through her online store or wait for another show, I think next one she will be traveling to Oregon you can check her convention schedule at "Lost coast" web site...

Ok my friends have a nice day!
Remember, I love to read your comments that I appreciate enormously, taking into account how busy life is nowadays...Really from the bottom of my heart thansk for spending a little time at my blog and commenting!

Stamps used: Tree branches; Concentric circles; silhouette girl with bird

SUPPLIES:




Follow on Bloglovin

19 comments:

  1. Stunning card Bibiana. I love the colours. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card. I love the colors and
    layering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Houlala c'est une pure oeuvre d'art ta carte j'adore !!
    Bises

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Bibiana,
    love your card today. Fabulous creation. Thank you for sharing all your lovely ideas with us.
    I have today received your Birthday B;og present I won. Thank you soooooooo much for everything I received. I am soooooo pleased with it.
    Yours was the start of a lucky streak for me as I won 2 digi images in a challenge and I was also picked as one of the top 3 cards in the same challenge.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This really unique and stunning, Bibiana! Love the info on the techniques, too. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This is stunning, I love what you have done with it.

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. magnifique ta carte, très réussie!
    bises
    coco♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fab, love the layered touch x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elle est superbe ta carte Bibiana!
    J'ai bien reçu ton enveloppe et je te remercie, tout est magnifique!
    Gros bisous et bonne journée!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Très belle carte, vraiment originale et très bien assortie ! A bientôt Bibiana ! Bises

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi bibiana!
    I hope you are well?
    Sorry for my absence I've been busy with DT cards.
    Your card today is just beautiful. Love the style and the die cuts you've used. You truly are talented.
    I also received your little gift today and I was so very truly thankful for your gorgeous card and the stamps! You really brightened my day as my son left this morning to work away for a few months and I'm feeling a bit lost and lonely. It's so weird, he's my eldest and I know they have to leave sometime but was dreading the day he would.
    Sorry for going on lol.
    Anyway thank you so much!!!
    You are a good friend and very kind to send that to me from so far away!
    Lots of love
    Speak soon
    Sharon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Should really get myself to Stamp Mecca one day. Or maybe I shouldn't! Love the ghost images on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my dear this is OUTSTANDING, all those layers, all the tech. you did, that stamp is gorgeous as well as a lot more to see on there site,loving mixed media this is right up my alley :), your instructions are easy to follow, you must be a brilliant teacher at your workshops, thanks for sharing the wonderful links and this great tutorial for this fabulous card, hope you have a wonderful weekend, (((( BIG HUGS )))) my friend..

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just amazing Bibiana. Love that image and the die cuts that are used on this beauty. You mixed media creation is sensational. You rocked this piece.
    Bear Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hola Bibi, haces preciosos todos tus trabajosssssssssssss, me encantan!!!!! Te quedan padrísimos!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hola Bibiana!!! gracias por pasarte por mi blog, en estos momentos estoy en Londres y ando un poco desconectada, pero...adquiriendo algunas cositas para las tarjetas :D.
    Un gran trabajo creativo el de tu tarjeta, me encanta la tecnica de embossing resist, creo que es muy efectiva y la tarjeta para el dia de Mejico te he ha quedado fantastica, me encanta la idea de la flor y el gofrado de fuegos artificiales, un estupendo trabajo.
    Un abrazo, nos vemos pronto.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi honey
    Just popping by to say thanks for your kind comment.
    Yes he's back , it's nice to have him home lol.
    Hope you are well?
    Speak soon
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. such beautiful layers, love the mix of pattern papers! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!...AND Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post today...It keeps me motivated!
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me, I will be more than happy to answer them.
THANKS again, Bibiana