hover over

HOVER OVER ANY PHOTO AND SHARE IT ONTO YOUR
PINTEREST, FACEBOOK OR TWITTER ACCOUNTS


Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy 4th of July!

Hello Dear Stamper Friends:

Happy Independence Day USA!

Today, we celebrate here in the USA "Independence Day"...



We, here at home, we usually make a BBQ, eat some "real" American food...hamburgers, hot dogs and all the other trimmings like corn on the cob,  potato salad and of course some desserts...
OMG! that is why it is so difficult to keep in shape :)!!!

Then we go to the movies and see the latest release and at night we go and see the fireworks...nothing special but to me it feels so patriotic! 

This month of July is so patriotic ... as far as I know...
Our fellow northern neighbors, from Canada, celebrate their "Canada's Birthday" on July 1st ...

Here in the USA, we celebrate the independence from the English, on the 4th...

then France celebrates on the 14th of July, "Bastille Day/La Fête Nationale", which commemorates the end of the French Revolution and the beginning of a new modern nation as a Republic and not as a Monarchy...

and on the 20th  of July it is Colombia's independence day, my native country!... from the Spanish...
So this month is all about national colors, remembrance and jubilee!!!

OK...Onto the card...


This was a card that I offered at a class, The parade children is a  Hero Arts stamp and the background has a damask stamp from penny Black; the frame is from Tim Holtz...

The technique that I use is called Emboss Resist creating a shadow effect...I punch the edge and I use the little stars to decorate the free hand cut banner and the ribbon reminds me of fireworks...
I hope you enjoy it ...

Remember to stop by my language blogs for Memory Box, we are having a Blitz for 2 weeks, until July 14th!!...

so far I have several messages from you and your comments are sooo Nice...
thank you very much...It means a lot to me!!!

For the new people visiting me today ...remember to leave me a message at the end of each post over there and I will be giving some prizes at the end of each week...I will keep you posted and this coming Sunday...I will announce some lucky winners...

See you there or here...bye

SUPPLIES:

Stamps: Penny Black: "Damask 3861 H"; Inkadinkado: "Flag Map"



16 comments:

  1. love your parade - happy 4th!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bibiana,
    Happy Independence Day.
    Your card is so wonderful. I too love the children parading in front of your flag.
    Your celebration food sounds yummy, especially the puds, I do lurve my puds unfortunately. lol.
    Now I know this is cheeky but a blog friend has a wonderful 4th of July card on her blog, as she is part American. I think it's worth a look at.
    http://8thwonderart.blogspot.co.uk/
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. PS am about to go and visit your other blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY ! ! May there be many more Happy fourths in Your Life ! Your card is wonderful and so Patriotic, which is so needed now days. Blessings !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Très belle carte! Les bonhommes apparaissent en relief, comme si ils avaient été découpés dans du papier. Bonne fête du 4 juillet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bibiana! I've always loved this stamp and it looks even more fabulous here!! Gorgeous design for a festive day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving your multiple language blogs. Each is so fresh and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, I just bought the children stamp today!!!! I would love to know exactly how you did this technique...maybe a tutorial??? Pretty Please! I understand the resist part - stamp with a white pigment ink and apply clear embossing powder and heat set. I do not understand how you got the shadow look - it all appears that you have fussy cut the children!!!
    TFS
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cette carte est SUPERBE!!!
    J'adore le tampon avec le enfants.
    Bonne et belle journée.
    Bises.
    Chantal

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the happy little group celebrating. Hope you had a great family day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Bibiana! Thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting on my 4th July post...I'm glad you liked it, I love your too..love the way you've used the resist technique. I hope you had a wonderful 4th July...quite a few of my family are American and all over California and it won't be long til my husband and I make our next road trip between San Francisco and San Diego..roll on September! Love your blog and will be back! Hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the way you used the emboss resist to create subtle shadows around the people, it really makes them pop. At first sight I thought it must have been diecuts there is so much dimension! Fabulous project, thanks for the inspiration. Maddy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bibiana, I LOVE this card! I'm even more in love with it as I just recently purchased that Hero Arts "parade" stamp:) So cute with the added stars. Just adorable! Hope you had a great 4th. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a lovely stamp.Thats for sure.But you used it in a very special way. Love the colors too. In my opinion this is a masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Bibiana:love your card,I like how you stamp or mask the flag.awesome.hugs Martha.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this technique, and the shadow effect! Your classes must be so much fun :-)
    Hugs, antonella :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!...AND Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post today...It keeps me motivated!
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me, I will be more than happy to answer them.
THANKS again, Bibiana